Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 5

I don't know if I can ever top the killdeer from the other day.  Hmm...  Well, today we went shopping (groceries and other necessities), I called my dad to wish him a "happy birthday" with a phone call (yes, he was born on St. Patrick's Day!)  We also took a boat trip to see what wildlife we might find.  We did see a few critters - some dolphins (apparently they come here to calf, but it is a little early in the season), saw several brown pelicans dive into the water, as well as cormorants, an osprey, and a snowy egret.  Here are some photos, not the best.  In addition to the wildlife we saw lots of very large homes.  The boat pilot commented that many of those homes had gone into foreclosure a couple of years ago, but most had been "snatched up" within the last several months.  I don't see many signs of the economic depression here - it is bustling and busy, with new construction going on. 






   

No comments: