Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Airboats

Today we took an airboat tour!!  I have lots to say about it, but will start with a short movie that Lee took, which may give you an idea of how it feels:




I hope this works.  I have never uploaded a video to a blog before. 

We were very fortunate, in that today is predicted to be the hottest day of the year so far, over 90 degrees.  The airboat tour however was very comfortable, with a nice breeze off the water.  The perfect activity for a hot day, it turned out.

Now that I have had my airboat ride, they can be removed from the market.  Kayaking is definitely more environmentally friendly.  The airboats are loud, and very disruptive to wildlife.  I guess they are better than boats with propeller blades under the water, but they are far from perfect.  Fun, though.  Lots of fun.

No comments: