Friday, April 1, 2011

Flamingos, con't

I spent quite a bit of time with a good friend in Sarasota, and fell behind on my blog!  We had fun though, good times.

So, back to the Jungle Gardens in Sarasota.  I have a few more photos to show.  When we first arrived at the Gardens, we watched the reptile show.  A flamingo wondered up to the crowd, with his neck stretched high, as if to watch.  He started to be a distraction however, from the reptiles, and so a staff person came along and guided him away.  The flamingo was a distance from his flock, and kept coming back to join the crowd - a flamingo with attitude!  It was very funny to see.



Flamingo with attitude!


These two were with the flock, behaving as flamingos should.


There were several wild birds that made the Gardens their home - this, a small tri-colored heron.

(All of the above were taken by Eileen with her iPhone)

1 comment:

Marie Gilbert said...

I really look forward to your posts. I'm so happy for you and your husband having the chance of a lifetime to enjoy this amazing experience. You're giving me the courage to try doing a similar vacation. Keep having fun. love marie