Thursday, April 7, 2011

Beach Day!

I would like to thank Fred and Jason for identifying yesterday's mystery plant.  It is commonly known as "sea grape" (Coccoloba uvifera), because of its fruit.  Its leaves can be as large as 10" across!

On to today - it started with laundry, which, when done, warranted a beach day!  We walked to the local beach, and enjoyed the people, sun, and breeze.  I went into the water, my first swim in the Gulf of Mexico.  It was very refreshing - I heard from somewhere that the water was about 80 degrees, but since it was 85 and humid, the water felt good.  I wore my flip flops in the water, because there was just enough silt that I could not see what was on the bottom.  Since Lee and I had walked on the beach when the water was clearer, I knew what was down there - sea grass, small conches, hermit crabs, oysters, and something that looked just enough like a sea urchin to make me nervous.  But mostly, there was sand.  

I do have photos, which I will share tomorrow since it is getting late.

Tomorrow, on to Naples!

No comments: