Friday, May 6, 2011

Atlas V Launch


I see from the blog Mom is writing that she and Dad are having a great time on this trip. Well that's fine, but while they are out having that great time, I'm stuck here in the RV with nobody but a couple of bird-brains to talk to. I mean, really, how would you like lots of quality time with pals named "Munchkin" and "Barney"?  Let’s just say that often the conversation leaves a lot to be desired.

Today I was left in the RV with my bird-brain buddies ‘cause Mom and Dad went out to watch the launch of the Atlas V Rocket.  Ya’ know, it was raining outside when they left.  I could have told them that no human rocket could fly in the rain.  I can, of course.  I am a terrific flyer.  But a rocket made by humans?  No way.  But did anyone ask me?  Noooo.  So was I surprised when Mom and Dad came back without seeing the launch?   Noooo.  I think they are going to try again tomorrow.  Humans aren’t too good at this flyin’ stuff.

My Mom and Dad came back with a bag.  It said “The MegaBird Store” on it.  Can you imagine that?  They went to a megabird store just for me!!  They brought back a cool toy, but the other one is really scary.  It has big eyes on it.  S-c-a-r-y.   (Editor’s note: this toy has three peacock feathers on it, something for bored birds to preen and chew.  It may take a little time for the birds to get used to it.)

Maybe tomorrow I’ll let you all know if the rocket could fly.  Yeah, that’ll be the day.

[Submitted by Lima “Beanie” Bean, with a little bit of help from Dan Snyder and my Mom]

No comments: