Thursday, May 19, 2011

Lake Norman, North Carolina

Hello. This is Munchkin. Some people wanted to hear from me, so I will try my best.

I think I am starting to figure this out. We were on the road for a long, long time today, and I discovered that it gives me lots of time with Mom! I got five (that's FIVE) head scratches!! And I preened my feathers many times, and slept a little bit. Sometimes I just sat on my Mom's shoulder facing the back of her chair, trying to ignore the big trucks that went by. I yelled once, but it was because I was really thirsty and Mom figured it out pretty fast. So maybe life on the road isn't so bad after all!

We arrived at a beautiful place called Lake Norman. It's the only man-made lake in North Carolina, but the view out the window is so pretty. It's starting to look more like Pennsylvania and less like Florida, with big trees and regular birds.

The RV park here has a boat, so Mom and Dad went for a boat ride this evening. Here are the pictures. I wish I could have gone - look at all those trees!


In the picture above is the RV park from the boat.  Our RV is the closest one that you can see.


See how beautiful?  The people at the park said it rained really hard yesterday and the day before, but today it is perfect.




Here's the house Mom wants:


Here's Dad at the helm:


Here's a beautiful little island. It would be just right for me!



But two ospreys beat me to it.  You can see one of them in the photo above, on the branch.  What a perfect place for a bird!

No comments: